George Foreman facing sexual abuse lawsuit

George Foreman is reportedly about to face a lawsuit from two women accusing him of sexual abuse in the 1970s.

The legendary former boxer, now 73 years old, denies the allegations and says they are an extortion attempt.

“Over the past six months, two women have been trying to extort millions of dollars each from me and my family. They are falsely claiming that I sexually abused them over 45 years ago in the 1970s. I adamantly and categorically deny these allegations,” Foreman said in a statement to The Post.

“The pride I take in my reputation means as much to me as my sports accomplishments, and I will not be intimidated by baseless threats and lies. I am, and always will be, guided by my faith and trust in God. I will work with my lawyers to fully and truthfully expose my accusers’ scheme and defend myself in court. I don’t pick fights, but I don’t run away from them either.”

TMZ reports that the two women’s fathers were friends with Foreman and had a “working relationship” with him at the time, and that a lawsuit is expected to be filed in Los Angeles in the coming days.

Since January, the women have been asking Foreman to pay them $12.5 million each, the report said.

Foreman won the Olympic gold medal in heavyweight boxing in Mexico City in 1968 and won the heavyweight title in 1973 before losing it to Muhammad Ali the following year. He made a stunning return to boxing in 1994, at the age of 45, and beat 26-year-old and undefeated Michael Moorer to win the WBA and IBF heavyweight championships.

Foreman made a fortune in his post-fighting career as an entrepreneur, most notably from his eponymous grill, which ultimately earned him over $200 million, according to reports.


Comments

Popular Posts